Tuesday, November 27, 2018

It's a mystery!

Hi All!

Thanksgiving is over.  Hubby and I had an enjoyable trip out-of-town for the day.  We were non-traditional, we had prime rib!

I've survived decorating our house and shop for Christmas.  I love doing it, but it does a number on my back.  Thankfully, I've gotten back into yoga so while I still hurt, I was able to walk upright the next day!  Since I've only been back at my yoga for a couple of weeks, I'd say it's definitely improving my life.

The day after Thanksgiving, Bonnie Hunter started the clues for her Good Fortune Mystery.


I've made a start on the pieces for this first clue:


Because my current cutting table is too low for my height, I alternate between cutting and sewing.  That means I've only got about 25% of my pieces done so far.  I'm hoping to get the rest done before the next clue comes out on Friday.

ETA:  I'm planning on building a cutting table for my height (5'9½" - very long legs!) but I'll make due with this one for awhile.  I've already drafted plans for my new, custom, cutting table!

I am using the recommended color palette.  The variety of colors is more than I would normally use in a quilt, but so was last year's mystery and I ended up loving it!

If you want to see all of the other participants' progress, you can click here:  Monday Link-Up.  Not everyone is using the same palette, so it's great to see how different something the same can look with just alternate colors.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Nice start to the mystery!

Nikki said...

Have you thought about risers for your cutting table. They are fairly inexpensive. I am 5'7" and use them...otherwise my back would kill me also. Love your little squares. This is my first mystery and I am rather excited.

Becca said...

You've made great progress!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love mysteries! Can't wait to see more of this.