I finished quilting my antique grandmother's flower garden last night. Totally finished including binding! I hate binding so that's pretty major. ;-)
Here are all the relevant details:
- Top made by my great grand aunt Anna Emeline Armstrong Casebeer (b. 1882 - d. 1945)
- Batting: Warm & Natural
- Threads: Essential Threads (green), Gütermann (variegated yellow)
- Dritz stencil #3408, cornered feather 4" (small flowers)
- Full Line Stencil #30327, wandering vine (yellow border)
- 10" circle used to make arcs in the hexie flowers
- 108" wide white on white backing (no idea of brand)
- Started hand-quilting on 4 Oct 2018; finished on 19 May 2019
- Finished size: 70" x 80" (177.8cm x 203.2cm)
I have NOT washed (soaked) it yet. I wanted to document it first before I did...just in case.
Whew! I'm so glad I've finally finished it. I AM going to make a label for it but it will go on after the quilt's been washed. I have to show it off a bit then I'll figure out what I'm going to do with it.