Monday, November 12, 2018

Quilt top finish

Whew!  I finished a quilt top (aka a "flimsy") last night.  It's a zipper or cobblestone quilt, though zipper seems to be the preferred name.


Of course, with any form of quilt, a cat has to get involved.  Say "hi" to Spooky.  ;-)

Most of the time, you will see this quilt pattern use whites for the squares.  I happened to have a lot of black squares so I used them instead.

The squares are 2" (1½" finished) and the bricks (rectangles) are 2" x 3½" (1½" x 3" finished).  There are 20 square/brick sets across the width and 61 rows.  Finished size of the top is 90" x 91½".

I'm thinking that I won't put on any borders and I'll bind it with a black & white binding.  That will probably be awhile from now.  I've got so many flimsies that I need to layer, quilt, and bind before this one.

I wanted to get this one finished and off my design wall so that I'd have room to work on Bonnie Hunter's upcoming mystery.  For that, you can find information at Quiltville.  She has the fabric requirements posted and the first step in the mystery will be posted on Black Friday, November 23rd.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

I really need to learn how to quilt - so much about the process and patterns I don't know, it's fascinating! Your new quilt top looks great, very colourful.