Friday, November 4, 2011

Being Frugal...

I've discovered that being frugal is great but it also has it's funny side!  We use alot of Resolve (Spray 'n' Wash) in our house.  When I ran out, DH went to Walmart to get some more...not a single one on the shelves!  This wasn't good as DH was running out of clean shirts. 

I decided to go across the street and get one (just one) bottle at Rite Aid.  I knew I'd be paying more, but really needed to do some laundry.  Lo, and behold, Resolve was on sale!  Normally at Walmart, I pay $2.49-$2.79 (can't remember for sure).  Rite Aid is normally $3.99; sale price was $2.00.  That's really great 'cause it's even less than WM. 

When I looked at the bottles, I saw .65 cents off coupons right on the bottles.  There were only two bottles in stock...I bought them both.  $1.35 each for 30oz. bottles (normally they are 22oz.) is great.

Later this week, DH got a rain check for ten more; I got a rain check for 10 more; my SIL got a rain check (for us) for 8; my FIL got a rain check for 4.  Today, DH went across the street to buy some more since we knew the delivery truck had been there yesterday.  When I looked in the laundry room this morning, I have a full case of Resolve.  I have a feeling that I'm going to have Resolve stored in all sorts of places around the house.  Our house is now the kingdom of Resolve!

Total savings:
46 bottles @ $1.14 less each = $52.44
30 oz instead of 22 oz = 368 oz for free!


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

More Twilight Repose progress

Here's my latest progress on Twilight Repose
I've finished pages 3 and 4 and moved on to page 5.  The one on the left was before I started stitching this evening and the one on the right shows my total progress so far.

Happy Stitching!


Tuesday, October 25, 2011

HAED Progress Photo

Here's a progress picture of HAED's Twilight Repose.  This was taken a couple of days ago so I have more done on it but it's hard to make sure that I keep the pictures hidden from DH since this is his Christmas present!

Happy Stitching!


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Twilight Repose (HAED)

Here is a progress photo on my Twilight Repose from Heaven and Earth Designs.  This is pages 1 & 2 finished.  The pattern has a total of 8 pages but pages 7&8 together are only 29 stitches high x 125 wide.

Happy Stitching!


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ron's Birthday Present

I finally framed this eagle that I had stitched for Ron.  He knew that I had finished the stitching (months ago) what he didn't know was that I ordered a frame and mats and got it assembled this past week!  The stitching is Flight of Freedom, a kit from Dimensions.  The frame and mats are from Picture Frames aka Graphic Dimensions.  Thanks to my mom and dad for helping me order it and sneaking it to my house so that it didn't show up on my credit card statement or get delivered to me by UPS!

Happy Stitching!


Friday, August 5, 2011

Progress on God Speed

Here's a photo of my progress on God Speed by Leighton from Heaven and Earth Designs.

This is the first page of the pattern.  I bought this one as a large print pattern so there are 30 pages in this chart.  Thankfully, the last few pages don't fill the whole page!

Happy Stitching!


Saturday, June 25, 2011

12 Days of Christmas update

Here is a picture of my progress on Teresa Wentzler's 12 Days of Christmas.  I just finished Day 3!

Now that I've completed a "section" of this, I'm going to let myself start a new project.  I'll be starting Godspeed from Heaven and Earth Designs.  Yeah!!

Happy Stitching!


Monday, June 13, 2011

My Dream Project

On my Yahoo groups list, StacysXSList, we have a SAL for our Dream Projects.  My d.p. is La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Frank Dicksee from Heaven and Earth Designs.  As of last night, I have finished 4 pages of the pattern.  Here is a photo of my progress:

Since I've finished this page, I'm letting myself work on Teresa Wentzler's 12 Days of Christmas for a little bit.  When I finish Day 3 on this, I'm going to start another HAED pattern:  Godspeed by Leighton.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy C.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Needlepoint Pillow

I finished the needlepoint pillow that I have been working on for the last few months.  I had the kit for a couple of years prior to stitching it.  About a year ago, I was getting ready to start it but couldn't get the colors sorted properly and got frustrated. 

I finally decided to at least get the wool sorted as part of the January 1 Challenge on the 2MuchXS list:

On January 1, I got all the colors arranged and put in the first few stitches.  I finished the stitching this past week only to realize that I didn't have any stuffing to make it into a pillow!  Saturday, I made it over to Walmart to get the polyfill and later that night, finished the assembly.

Here's a picture of the finished pillow:

Happy Stitching!