Sunday, January 20, 2013

Woodland Violet Sampler - FRAMED!

Yes, I was shouting in the title of this post!  This piece turned out great, even if I'm the one saying it.  I took a chance on both the frame and the purple mat - I didn't have samples of either one.  The frame was on sale because it's been discontinued and the purple mat option is new enough that I didn't have a sample piece of it.



Sometime tomorrow, I'll probably be rearranging the cross stitch pieces hanging in my living room to better accomodate this piece.  DH will be out for a couple of hours so I can do it without him freaking out.  (For some reason, he worries whenever I wield a hammer.  hehehe) 

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

7 comments:

sharine said...

It is beautiful:)

Lulu said...

Beautiful finish and the frame is a wonderful compliment to it!

McKenna C. said...

It looks great! Good luck on the rearranging! :)

~McKenna

Jenny K said...

Love this one! My DH freaks out too when I use a hammer. Result: I have a couple of pieces still to put up - when he's out, of course!!

Carolyn NC said...

Turned out perfectly!

Melody said...

This. Is. Gorgeous. The frame and mat combo is perfection! I have this project in my CJC this year and every time you post a pic of it, I get more and more excited to finish mine, lol :)

Emma/Itzy said...

Looks great, the purple works really well :)