Friday, May 10, 2013

I'm so proud of myself!

I know, I know, pride goeth before a fall.  ;-)

I am proud of myself though.  I've had PatternMaker (cross stitch) software for years and I'm good at using it but I'd never attempted one aspect of it before.  I have created my own font!  It's a back-stitch font.  Now, when I want to chart a saying, names, etc., all I have to do is type in the program!

Since I'm working on my own version of a Mother's Tree, this is going to be great!  I was inspired to do a Mother's Tree when I saw the one from Marilyn Leavitt-Imblum.  Her idea was great, but the font was definitely masculine and I couldn't bring myself to stitch it.

So far, I have the tree charted (my own) and now I can get to work on inputing the names and dates that I'll need.  If it looks as good as I'm anticipating, then I will eventually make the chart available for purchase.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: