First, I should admit that I don't own this book (yet); I checked it out from my local library.
This is a great reference book for scrapbookers. The photo illustrations are excellent! Quite a few of the examples are shown in multiples as a visual explanations of what does or doesn't work in a layout. The book is divided into sections:
- Introduction to Design
- Elements of Design
- Principles of Design
- The author obviously knows what she's talking about
- The book is hardcover ~and~ spiral-bound! No worrying about losing your place!
- Beautifully photographed
- Every layout has source materials listed
- There is a two-page Sources listing at the back of the book
- Includes a Glossary of terms used
- Lots of great inspiration
Negatives: Only the fact that I don't own my own copy!