Monday, February 10, 2020

Quilt Studio Walls Update

Yo!

Why, "yo", I don't know why, I'm in a silly mood I guess.

Hubby and I got the walls painted!  I'm so glad the brown paneling is covered up.  Speaking of which, did you know you can't buy real paneling anymore?  I mean the thin stuff with the grooves in it.  You can still get the thin boards but the wood grain and grooves are printed on it!  Not going to work when you need it to match your existing walls.  Thankfully, hubby stole a piece from our pantry area so that all my walls have the actual grooves.

Here's the before and after photos.
Door to back yard.  Notice there's no trim and that's just plywood on the left.  The colors in the after photo are "off" a bit as I took it with my iPad.


Looking at the office area:

 


Looking from the office area toward the kitchen.  All the floor space you see will be my quilting studio.


 

No, we haven't gotten to the flooring yet.  Hubby just found a really cool rug at a local auction and got it as a temporary "fix".

Here are the details on the paint:

  • Walls - Behr Ultra eggshell, Bakery Box (white with the tiniest hint of blue)
  • Ceiling:  Glidden flat ceiling paint, White (goes on pink, dries white - very cool!)
  • Closets:  Behr Ultra eggshell, Tahitian Breeze (sea-glass green)
  • Trim:  Behr Ultra eggshell, Calligraphy (blue-gray)
Next studio project:  shelving for both closets.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy





1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

It looks really nice now! The white colour on the walls and ceiling make the room so much friendlier.