Friday, January 4, 2019

Finish It Up Challenge 2019 edition

Updated on 20 May 2019.

Happy New Year, Everyone!


I've done this Finish It Up Challenge the last couple of years and thought I'd do it again.  2018 wasn't my best effort, but I still got some of those done so I'm hopeful.

Since I'm going to be working on converting a large spare bedroom into my quilting studio, there are going to be a lot of steps toward that listed!

Here's my list for 2019:

  • Finish hand-quilting my antique grandmother's flower garden quilt finished on 19 May 2019
  • Paint the ceiling of my new quilting studio
  • Finish the top from Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Good Fortune Mystery finished 18 Jan 2019
  • Paint the inside of the 2 closet areas in my studio main closet is cleaned out! 7 Feb 2019
  • Paint the walls and trim of my studio
  • List a bunch of items in my Etsy Shop XedStitches finished 21 Feb 2019
  • List items on FB marketplace tried, no interest - items will be at local auction or on eBay
  • Lay new flooring in my studio
  • Build new cutting table
  • Clean and re-frame cross stitch for my sister
  • Install shelving for fabric in my studio
  • Install new light fixtures in my studio
  • Paint chest of drawers that will go in closet of my studio
  • Move quilting supplies (fabric, books, rulers, etc.) into new space
  • Finish crocheted cardigan finished 5 Feb 2019
  • Make another bull's eye quilt top
  • Finish Little Bee Eater [retired] cross stitch finished on 11 Feb 2019
There will probably be more added to this list as I finish items up.  I'm really keen on getting the quilting studio items done but some of those will depend on finances.  I'm not going to do any step without being able to pay cash for it.  The painting shouldn't be a problem but I'm definitely going to have to save up for new flooring.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Great list this year! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress and hope your studio will be done by the end of the year :)