Monday, June 18, 2018

FIU Challenge Update


Sorry I haven't written anything lately, life has gotten in the way a bit.

I've made progress on my list though!  I finished my bull's eye quilt!  You can see it below.
  • Stitch a design for the candlescreen that I have
  • Finish hand-quilting the Bull's Eye Quilt  completely finished on 17 June 2018
  • Finish the log cabin star wall hanging
  • Start hand-quilting my grand aunt's grandmother's flower garden quilt top
  • Clean up the nook area in my sewing room - made a start, barely
  • Finish the mystery quilt top I've started - finished 3 February
  • Clean and re-frame my hummingbirds cross stitch
  • Post all the stuff I have waiting to be listed in my Etsy shop
  • Clean up my scrapbooking area
  • Make a start on archival scanning of all my family photographs
  • Get my printed recipes put into my recipe software (Living Cookbook)

It measures approximately 63" square.  I hand-quilted it using Essentials thread in Primary Colors (red/yellow/blue).  The black border has an oak leaf stipple, the white border is a simple Celtic chain, and the body of the quilt is a rose stipple.  I will be entering this in our county fair in August.  It's the only thing I've totally completed since last year's fair so it will be my only entry.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

2 comments:

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I do that to myself too, make a list of the things that need finishing...one day I might finish the list and get started on the finishing!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, great job on the quilt finish! That's an impressive piece of work.