Friday, April 22, 2016

Cross Stitch & Scrapbooking Updates

First of all, I added Mini Wings in Repose to the progress bars at the right.

Next, I've got an update on PTP Floral Arrangement.






I've got 10 pages done now!

I do have to say I thought the orange/white flowers at the bottom were going to be the death of me.  While I do make mistakes in my stitching, usually it's just a stitch or two that are easily dealt with.  Not on these flowers though!  I made some sort of mistake near the top of the cluster that I just couldn't identify properly so that I could fix it.  I ended up doing some over-stitching (literally stitching over incorrect stitches) and some "This color is close enough" stitches.  They look fine now so that's the ultimate result.

Now I am truly back to my rotation so I'm back working on La Belle Dame...

As you may have read in a previous blog post.  I've discovered digital scrapbooking!  OK, I'll admit it, I'm addicted to it!  As my family's genealogist, I've certainly got enough photographs to work with - 1,001 just from one set of grandparents!

I've just completed my first book but saving my pennies to get it printed.  It's really quite a bit less money versus using real papers and an album but a bigger lump sum.  With "traditional" scrapbooking, I've purchased bits & pieces at a time so I've usually spent $20 or less per purchase.

Anyway, I thought I'd share a couple of the pages that I've put together.  I'm still a novice at this but I can only get better!  Just to be clear, I'm the child in all of these photos (I'm currently in my 40's).





Here is a list, with links, of some of the designers whose wonderful talent made these pages possible:

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

6 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Pretty update and I LOVE the scrap booking!

Cross Stitch Claire said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes stitches over mistakes, it's easier than unpicking on my HAED if it's only an odd stitch!

Heather said...

Ha a fellow overstitcher! I thought I was the only one :D It looks beautiful and I love the scrapbook :)

Karen said...

The flowers are beautiful! I usually take out mistakes, but I've never done an HAED so far (one in the wings to do) so I don't know how things would go with that.

Good job on the scrapbooking.

Leonore Winterer said...

Congrats on the page finish! I'm sorry that flower has given you so much grief, but it looks really pretty now. I'm guilty ov overstitching sometimes as well, especially on HAED-type projects.
THat scrapbooking looks really great, and like you're having a lot of fun with it as well :D

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

How lovely! =) I love the birds and flowers, I might add this one to my wishlist ;-)