Monday, December 14, 2015

2016 Events x 2

I thought I'd host 2 events during the upcoming year.  One will be a Stitch Along (SAL), the other will be more of a finishing challenge.



The first will be a Christmas SAL.  If you haven't guessed yet, I LOVE Christmas!  I really want to do some more Christmas stitching this next year so I thought I'd host a SAL to help motivate myself.

I'm hoping to do at least one ornament a month from January until December.  The finish date for this will be December 1 because by that time, I've already got all my decorations up.  If you want to do something other than ornament(s), that's fine.  The only stipulation will be that it has to be Christmas-themed, cross stitch.  We will each blog with our updates on the 15th of each month.  Feel free to use the above image in your blog.


The other event will be a Finish It Up (FIU) challenge.  On January 1, you'll post your list of things you want to finish in 2016.  It can be stitching a project, getting something framed, finishing up some sewing, sorting your stash, etc.   Please keep it somehow craft related.  If you want to participate, just blog your finishing list on January 1.  Future blog posts should be posted on the 1st of each month.  The artwork above is free for you to use on your own blog.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

4 comments:

Leonore Winterer said...

Those sound like events I could totally get behind...I have tons of ornament patterns and I'd love to get some of those stitched up, and who doesn't have a huge backlog to finish? I'm still contemplating how many SALs to join in 2016 though, this year was a tad too much...

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

Yes! I have been thinking about this quite a bit lately. THANK YOU for hosting a finishing SAL...excellent idea...now I have to remember how to put your FIU picture in my sidebar since I haven't done anything bloggy in awhile ha ha!

Terryleecrafts said...

I'm going to start Christmas soon. Would love to join in when I can.

Terryleecrafts said...

I'm hoping to join in mid June if possible?