Sunday, November 24, 2013

12 Days of Christmas update

As those of you who follow my blog know, I have designated the 12 Days of Christmas as the focal piece in my rotation.  That means, every other time I rotate, I work on this one.

Well, I just finished it's most recent turn with the completion of day 7!  I am enjoying working on this project, but am relieved to be taking a bit of a break from it.  I know backstitching serves a purpose, but after finishing off one of the "days", I've had enough BS (backstitching, lol) to last me awhile!

Here's the photo of my current progress:


As you can see, I did make a start on the border of day 8.  This is due to the blended colors being used in the over 2 borders.  I cut identical lengths of the two colors needed and then combine each of  the six strands with the six strands of the other color and thread them into six needles.  I stitch with the blends until all six needles are used up.  I'm not sure this paragraph makes sense, but that's what happens!  ;-)

I don't know what will be next in my rotation, 'cause I called it quits for tonight.  Guess that means I'll be surprised at my next stitching session.

Happy Stitching!  To those in the US, I hope you and your families have a blessed Thanksgiving!!!

Stacy

No comments: