Sunday, April 21, 2024

Quilt finish!

 I just finished binding my pink/purple quilt!  I hate doing the binding, well the blind hand-stitching part at  least.

This quilt was an internet project of sorts.  I sent the center squares (6 each) to various people and asked them to put simple borders on each square and they sent back 5.  I was doing the same thing with the squares I was receiving from the same people.  I wanted to mix mine up a bit, so the blocks that I got back, I cut in half on the diagonal before assembling the quilt.

Since I now have a longarm that I’m still getting used to, I used this quilt as a practice piece.  My middle sister had never used a longarm before so when she was here for Christmas, I showed her what to do (paper pantograph tracing with laser) and let her go for it.  We lovingly refer to this as “drunk quilting” ‘cause both of our efforts look like we were plastered in spite of being stone-cold sober.  We had a lot of fun!

Here’s the finished quilt:


The finished quilt is 67” square.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

1 comment:

Leonore Winterer said...

Drunk or not, this looks great! I love community projects like this.