Sunday, February 7, 2021

This is a doozy! (In a terrific way)

Hubby finished the custom cutting table he was building for me! I went from the rickety, too-short, table in this photo...



...to this table:



The old table was 35" high - way too short for my 5'10" height. I was suffering from backaches if I spent too long at it.

The new, gorgeous table is 39.5" high and sturdy as can be! He used the bases from two treadle machines for the legs (one from a Singer on the right, one from a White on the left).



The two levels are two dining room table tops. The drawers in between are from the treadle machine cabinets. As you can see, even my cat Spooky approves!


Now I have a table that's the correct height, plus has lots of storage space! My rulers, trash can, and pin cushion now live between the drawers and off the table top. I have so much storage now, I don't know what to put in all of it! Don't worry, I'll figure something out.



Yes, I'm spoiled. Yes, I'm keeping him!

For those who will want to know: the quilt on the design wall is Bonnie Hunter's last mystery quilt, Grassy Creek; the easel on the table top is for my iPad while I'm working; the little jars hold some pins and Wonder Clips. They're on the table so I can throw the clips/pins in them as I take them out of my pre-assembled parts for the quilt. Normally, the little jars live in my closet with their 10 other friends. ;-)

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oooooo, that is a jealousy invoking cutting table. :-) I love how he repurposed the treadle bits.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, your quilting room is amazing, and that new table is luxurious! Please do keep that husband of yours.