Thursday, May 22, 2008

General Update

Well, obviously, I haven't been blogging much lately. I guess "real life" is keeping me busy! ;-)

I have been stitching on my Wild Menagerie and am on page 7 of 12. Each page from here on out has less stitching on it than the previous page so it should go fairly quickly.

I've also joined an online quilting group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StashBuilders/
I've already signed up for a couple of swaps there and they are proving to be alot of fun. The group is really friendly and organized and I can definitely recommend it!!

This past week has also found me working on updating my Las Vegas scrapbook with pictures from this year's trip (back in Feb.-March). I took over 200 photos and just hope that I bought enough paper. In this scrapbook, each trip has its own particular paper that I use for every page.

I've been doing some hand quilting on my Broken Bricks wallhanging and will hopefully finish it soon. I am working on the decorative quilting in the borders and just started the last side.

When I went to the local quilt shop a couple of weeks ago, I found a charm pack (5" squares) of fabric that I fell in love with. I ended up going back and buying 2 more identical packs. I have finished making them into a wallhanging quilt top - just need to add borders on 3 sides. This wallhanging will be machine quilted and will be put in the display rotation above my desk in my home office.

That's all for now. Happy Stitching!

Stacy C.

No comments: