Saturday, January 19, 2019

It's a mystery no more!

Hi Everyone!

I finished Bonnie Hunter's Good Fortune Mystery last night!  Here's what my version looks like:


In the directions, Bonnie gave the option of doing the oranges as string-pieced or solid pieces.  I chose to do the solids and I'm very happy with my choice!  That choice also made a difference in the way my borders were pieced.  The neutrals in my borders ended up being long rectangles rather than extremely scrappy.  Here's a close up of my non-pieced oranges and border neutrals:


I would never have thought to use these colors together on my own!  I'm thrilled with the result, though!

Now I get to cross this off my 2019 Finish It Up Challenge list!

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

3 comments:

Carla - Alaska Wolf Pack said...

May I just say that your finished piece is GLORIOUS??!! That is a beautiful piece of WOW right there!

Leonore Winterer said...

Wow, that was quick! One moment there were just these single blocks and boom, there is a whole field of poppies (at least that's what I see, looking at it from a distance). It's brilliant and beautiful!

Susan said...

Gorgeous!! Congratulations on a beautiful finish.